Thanksgiving malarkey for tomorrow
Ahem, some people look at this holiday as a break. I look at it as a challenge to conquer. Looking forward to the malarkey tomorrow with family.
- •Wednesday Night PrepPrep all the veggies. Thaw the bird. Bake pies.
- •Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate.Why? Because this one decides to run a 15k turkey trot for the heezy of it with the home girls.
- •Thursday 5:30a — get my ass to the turkey trot and pick up bib.Because I missed it Wednesday evening since I was still at work.
- •7a — run 🏃. I honestly run so I can eat more food.Running with the homegirls because that's the only time we hang out. Getting coffee or dinner too basic. We gotta go do some serious mileage and get a friggin awesome medal for Instagram pix. 😂😉😎 That's how we roll—run.
- •Hopefully 9a — be done with the run. Instagram/snapchat/FB the run. Grab coffee. Go home to cookFYI we haven't been training so we're doing this for our leisure.
- •10a — tackle the bird.Okay, this will be my first solo run with prepping the bird. Thank you, internet.
- •1:30p — tackle all the sides.Mashed potatoes. Green beans. Brussels sprouts. Corn. Lumpia. Rice. Pie. Coffee. Salad. Carbs. Etc.
- •3:30—4ish — dinner?!?Hopefully! Crossing fingers.
- •6p — family game of UNOI guess it's one of the few traditions we actually have.
- •7p — eat again! Making arroz caldo with the turkey.
- •8p — Check emails and work malarkey 😐😶😭Deadlines. Holidays. Working in academia—sometimes no rest. But that's okay 👌🏽😁
- •Seriously, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!! I don't mind the madness at all. #blessed More malarkey, the better. Hahah.