Thoughts I had at my 5y/o basketball game this morning...
I still refuse to ever think about a minivan but I've now entered territory of kid sports and all the malarkey that goes with it. There are some Crazy-AF parents out there and it's kiddo basketball...😑
- •I wish they gave us the 9a game instead of the 10:15a game.I feel like our (okay, mine) day is just bamboozled because I don't have enough time to start stuff before the game unless I want to wake up at 6a Sunday morning, or I start running out of time to finish anything since we finish around 11:15a and then it's lunch, and so on, and so forth.....
- •So much competition in the sidelines from mom, dad, grandma, uncle Ted, auntie Anne, and entourage....omg are you trash talking?!?Okay, I get competitive myself but some of it I'm a little embarrassed of the entourages. And I mean entourages. It's a 12pt game and they are traveling the entire time!!!
- •Omg, that kid is TRAVELING the entire length of the court and would be a great running back.Wait, that was my kid the first or second game of the season. We've been working on it.
- •My kid needs to stop with the fist-pounding-I-am-going-to-get-you glares.Yes, I'll blame it on my lack of parenting when we get home from a long day and he watches something Lego cartoons or something. He gets competitive. My fault.
- •Yeah, only use your Ninjago defensive skills ONLY on the kid that has the ball. Okay, you can use them on offense if you're setting up for a screen.defense wins games. I'm okay with this tactic. It's pretty hilarious. We had to work on it though. He was going after ransoms opponents who didn't a even have the ball.
- •Email/text me the details. I don't have time to hear what Pinterest theme idea you have in order to throw last-minute end-of-season party that should have been discussed at the beginning of the season.Sorry, I've got to plan ahead. I'll sign up to bring/drop off fruit. I swear I'm a great team player but I don't have the time right now and I sound like a big mom snob/B...oh well. Such is life right now.
- •What a great season! Looking forward to the next adventure with this community.Okay, I gripe a bit but truly enjoy these opportunities for the kiddos in the community.