Thoughts while sitting in a band dress rehearsal:
Many years ago I used to be in the percussion section. Now I have the opportunity to listen in on rehearsals. Today is a dress rehearsal and composer is in the auditorium... Hahaha
- •Ummm the composer is in the audience. Get your head out of the stands and watch and listen.
- •Please be on time for your call time.
- •Yeah, let's go, percussion section!
- •Yeah, cut those dynamics in half so the harpist can have chance to be heard.
- •Good job, flutes. Someone practiced and stepped it up.
- •Why can't our brass section sound like this all the time? Ringers.
- •I'm about to throw something at some of he percussion section—two measures is enough time to grab that mallet and cover the chime part.
- •That was a crazy-awesome story from the guest artist. Gives perspective on how legit and on your game you must be to make it.
- •Intonation!!! 😑😑😑😑😑😑
- •Overtones in the hall!!! Lit. 😀😀😀☺️☺️
- •It's going to be a great concert!!!!