WHAT I LOVE ABOUT PING PONG
I recently founded a ping pong club for my school, here are some of the reasons why I'm extremely happy I made this decision
- •It's only and hour after school on WednesdaysYou don't have to commit to it every week, usually we have the 4-6 people who are always there, and then a few stragglers who show up and play until their ride gets there
- •Little to no skill requiredPeople usually show up and give the excuse "I won't be good" it is so not true, every single person I have heard say that very quickly finds their groove and always has fun
- •Usually snacks /and or/ musicWe play to win so it can get a tiny bit intense (usually laugh yelling about something) but it is a super chill environment and our "sponsor" always brings snacks of some kind and we occasionally play music (if we can agree on something)
- •Good sportsWe have one old beat up regulation size table that we usually play doubles on, and a slightly smaller wooden cafeteria table that we play singles on, and after every game we fist bump and say good game
- •Equipment relatively cheapYou can get a table anywhere from 300-500 dollars and stuff like paddles and balls are pretty inexpensive
- •I'm the Captain/FounderThis means that I get to make the decisions and I have the power to get people to do stuff, I only ever use my power when I yell "every body say thanks to ms. Marcie for bringing the snacks on 3!! 1...2...3! Thank you ms.marcie!" When I do that it makes me feel like a camp counselor so I enjoy it.