A LIST OF INTERESTING THINGS WELL EXPLAINED
- •The singular Vi Hart’s beautiful three part exposition of the Fibonacci sequence, culminating in a clear explanation of why it shows up in plants. (Hint: It’s not magic.)
- •This bygone film from Chevrolet explaining with incredible clarity the mechanics of the differential in your car.
- •The brilliant computer scientist Grace Hopper explains a nanosecond.
- •Preeminent physicist Richard Feynman explains what keeps trains on tracks.
- •Author Susan Caine explains why introversion should be embraced rather than stigmatized.
- •Author John Green explains (ostensibly to teens) why reading matters, with sincerity and humor.
- •Professor Moriarty from the University of Nottingham explains quantum tunneling.
- •Beloved astronomer Carl Sagan movingly explains why an astronomical perspective is anything but nihilistic.