HOW TO BE BRAVE IN SEVEN EASY STEPS
- 1.Be certain.Nothing undermines courage like uncertainty. So if there's any doubt, do your analysis and make sure you know you want to do this.
- 2.Be precise.Know exactly what you want. Not vaguely. Not the minimum. Exactly what you want to do.
- 3.Be calm.Remember to breathe. But not too fast. Count your breaths if you have to.
- 4.Take the first step.Just the first step. The time for thinking ahead is over and now it's time to focus on one step at a time.
- 5.Take the next step.And then the next. Climb. Jump. Approach. Ask. Demand. Get on the stage. Get behind the wheel. Whatever it is: One. Step. At. A. Time. Before you know it you're rolling.
- 6.Don't back down.Remember, you know what you want. You know you want it. There will be little windows of opportunity to bail. Don't allow yourself to take them.
- 7.That's it. You're brave.(Sometimes it helps to say "Expecto Patronum" quietly to yourself as you go.)