How to Make my Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making oodles of these for @imc's graduation open house right now.
- •375 F oven.
- •Put 20 tablespoons of butter in a pan and melt it.
- •And then brown it.
- •Off heat stir in another stick of cold butter until it melts.
- •Put the butter, 7 ounces of granulated sugar, 10.5 ounces of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a bowl.
- •Add two eggs and two egg yolks.
- •Let it sit for a few minutes then whisk again. Then rest again and whisk again. Repeat until it becomes pretty smooth. Usually takes three rounds or so.
- •Whisk together 17.5 ounces of all purpose flour plus a teaspoon of baking powder.
- •Add the flour to the liquid a bit at a time...
- •...stirring to mostly incorporate after each addition...
- •...until it is all in there.
- •Stir in 2.5 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- •Roll in balls and space them evenly on a baking sheet. I do 2 tablespoon portions.
- •Bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes. Do not over brown. They should be browning slightly around the edges. Then let them cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack or towel.
- •These cookies are 💯 when fresh and warm, and also keep well.
- •Makes about three dozen medium sized cookies. You can also make big ones but be careful to get them done in the middle without over-browning them. You might need to drop the oven temp 15 degrees.