@IMC AND I CHECKING OUT A LIBRARY BOOK IN THE VOICE OF HAN SOLO 👥
@ChrisK this is fun.
- •[scans book, computer makes an ominous buzzing sound]
- •Me: "I have a bad feeling about this."
- •Me: "Listen, there was a problem with the card catalog. Those books would have been on time."
- •@imc: [nudges me, whispers] "They don't have card catalogs anymore, dad."
- •Me: "Well then why don't *you* talk to the lady?!"
- •@imc: "It says we have an unpaid fine."
- •Librarian: "Yes. You turned in Breakfast at Tiffany's two weeks late. The fee is $2."
- •Me: [discretely palms blaster] "Look lady, I can get you 75¢ by the end of the day but you got to understand it's going to take time to get the rest. This place is crawling with security."
- •Librarian: "It's ok. I can clear the block so you can check out your books now and then you can pay the fee next time."
- •Me: "Well why didn't you say so?!"
- •Librarian: "We love our library patrons!" 😄
- •Me: "I know."
- •@imc: [scans book, computer lets out a friendly beep]
- •Me: "We're all clear kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!"
- •@imc: [to librarian, mouthing silently] "I'm so sorry."