MINOR DETAILS OF STEVE JOBS' LIFE THE NEW MOVIE LEFT OUT
He was definitely a jerk in a lot of ways. Not denying it. But the movie left a few things out.
- •His happy marriage
- •His second child
- •His third child
- •His fourth child
- •His complex involvement in his first child's life from the time she was 8 on including visits, birthday parties, long walks, and trips together, and her incorporation into his family life with his wife and other children in her adulthood
- •The fact that the whole NeXT-was-a-ploy-to-get-back-in-to-Apple subplot was a total fabrication with no basis in reality at all
- •Pretty much all his major accomplishments professionally — which is to say the things that made him noteworthy
- •In other words, his maturation as a human.
- •It would be like doing a biopic about Einstein that ends when he's 25 and focuses only on the fact that he was a super crappy husband.
- •I suppose I think it is a little distasteful to take such overt liberties to construct a narrative disconnected from reality and use a real person's name in the process.
- •That said, he's dead and there's clearly some statute of limitations here. Nobody cares if you make a ridiculous half-true biography of Abraham Lincoln for instance.
- •But maybe wait til his kids are grown.