MUSIC I LISTENED TO WITH MY PARENTS GROWING UP
Inspired by @originalamericantreat and @gabimoskowitz
- •Grateful DeadMy pop went to 55 dead shows from the 70s right up to their last show at Soldier Field in the mid 90s. He would often take a week or two off with my mom and hit New York, Pittsburg, Indy, and Chicago back to back. He took us to a few shows in Indy and one in North Carolina. I watched their reunion concert with him last month and he was in tears. Beautiful moment.
- •Bach's Goldberg Variations performed by Glen GouldMy parents are also big classical piano fans so we went to the Indy symphony a lot. Glen Gould's Goldberg Variations were the background music of my home life for a while.
- •Merle HaggardA living legend. He's still alive, right?!
- •Casey Kasem's top 40We played this on the radio while playing in the pool and drinking my moms killer limeade many summer Sunday afternoons.
- •Bob DylanA household standby. Janis Joplin too and all their ilk.
- •Sinead O'ConnorMy sister belted out nothing compares 2u constantly and we loved it.
- •Paul Simon's GracelandDefinitely went through a phase where we listened to this a lot, watched the film, and etc.
- •Linda RonstadtSaw her in concert with my padres years ago.
- •Men at WorkDitto. My first concert.