PAGES OF THE GREAT GATSBY BABY BOOK MY DAUGHTER MADE FOR HER TEACHER'S NEWBORN
A couple years ago my daughter's teacher was pregnant. The teacher's favorite book was Gatsby so Sophia decided to make her a soft baby-book version. She did the cutting and sewing. Her older sister and I did the textual adaptation. The result was arguably the coolest gift a kid has ever given a teacher.
- •CoverThe Great Gatsby
- •Page 1This is Nick. He likes all kinds of people.
- •Page 2This is Nick's neighbor Gatsby. He is a dreamer. He also knows how to throw a party.
- •Page 3This is Daisy. Gatsby loves Daisy. Gatsby is nice, but it's complicated. Daisy doesn't like complications.
- •Page 4This is Tom. Tom loves Daisy too. He's not very nice but he's easy to understand.
- •Page 5Uh oh! What should Daisy do? Maybe Tom can help.
- •Page 6Oh no! Where's Gatsby? Bye bye Gatsby.
- •Back coverSo we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
- •Bonus Item: The Artist