REASONS TO CUT YOUR BUTTERMILK BISCUITS IN RECTANGLES INSTEAD OF CIRCLES
It took me way too many years to figure this out.
- 1.They look great.LOOK AT THEM.
- 2.They taste the same.Actually better because they have corners, which are the ambrosia of baked things.
- 3.It is way easier.Really, just use a pizza wheel or a big knife.
- 4.You lose less to waste.You still have to trim the edges before you cut or they won't rise well but you keep all those perfectly usable in-between bits.
- 5.No re-rolling (and requisite lumpy seconds)You can't really re-roll biscuit dough but you try to every time because all that waste enrages you. Free yourself from the tyranny of the round.
- 6.It's easier to fold fried egg into a rectangle than a circle.Of course the primary purpose of a biscuit is an egg sandwich. It is finals week for my girls after all.
- 7.They make you look crafty.Can't you just see this on Pinterest or whatever?
- 8.You don't need to own a stupid biscuit cutter.I have no idea where mine is. And I don't care anymore.