THE TIME I ALMOST DIED 💀
Inspired by @ListPrompts. I've never almost died because I am a coward. 🏃🏃🏃🏃
- •One time in Indianapolis I was on the freeway and a car came right up on my tail. He was so close I couldn't even see his lights. Eventually I got mad and slowed down to about 30. Then he pulled up beside me with his window down and the passenger had his arm out the window with a handgun pointed right at me. I scooted right out of there. 🏃No idea to this day what the deal was with that. But I did learn how fast my car could accelerate.
- •I used to live near the office I worked at. The alarm would go off every once in a while and I was the first contact because I could easily hop over and check on things. It was always a false alarm. Once I went and as I got to the top of the stairs I saw the glass door shattered and things scattered about. I scooted right out of there. 🏃This makes you deeply appreciate the Police who went right on in after I ran and hid.
- •Once while riding with my mother in law late at night she accidentally cut a guy off on the freeway. We shrugged it off and then realized several minutes later that he was still behind us. He followed us all the way to my brother in law's house deep in a twisty neighborhood. My MIL was terrified. We scooted right out of there. 🏃It turns out he was the neighbor down the street and it was a giant coincidence.
- •When I was 17 my friends and I were at Taco Bell eating junk and my friend had parked too close to a Very Creepy Gentleman (TM) with a Purple Heart license plate and a trench coat. He was very angry. We left. Two hours later he pulled into the theater parking lot and approached us as we were getting in the car. We scooted right out of there. 🏃Scooting right out of there is almost certainly selected for, evolutionarily speaking. I highly recommend it.
- •Oh yeah and when I was 4 I was hospitalized with asthma and it was apparently a little scary. I don't think I actually almost *died* but I needed emergency medical attention.