THINGS I DO THAT CAUSE BOOKISH PEOPLE TO DOUBT MY COMMITMENT TO THE CAUSE
- •Send all my paper books to goodwill and switch to almost 100% eBooks.I like reading eBooks so much better unless pictures or layout are important to the book.
- •Forget the title of books and the names of authors all the time.
- •Have to ask what "TBR" means when I attend a bookish conference thing in New York with @ChrisK.
- •Related: Avoid keeping a TBR list.
- •Feel completely overwhelmed by shelves full of books.Or any other product for that matter. Bookstores, libraries, the spice aisle, blockbuster (lol remember them?), and a long list of names all stress me out.
- •Read very slowly.Poor me.
- •Not want to talk about a book for a few days after I've read it until I've had time to process my thoughts.
- •Not care a whit about spoilers.Unless the mystery is the whole point, it doesn't bother me at all to read, hear, or be told how a book ends.
- •Read on my phone.It's not my favorite way to read a book but I do it all the time because it's there when I have a few minutes of down time.