Things I Like More Than Pokémon Go
I don't even have the app because I am an inept gamer who doesn't get it most of the time. What do you do with a Pokémon once you catch it? Nobody can explain this to me.
- •Watching people play Pokémon Go around the neighborhood.
- •Hearing people excitedly talk about Pokémon Go at the grocery store.
- •Seeing people post to social media about the joy they get from Pokémon Go.
- •Hearing my friend say this about his daughter's relationship with Pokémon Go: "Let me put it this way. I told her it was her turn to walk the dog and she jumped right up without complaining."
- •Reading lists about Pokémon Go.
- •Watching Nintendo's stock price respond positively to the wonderful reaction to Pokémon Go.And imagining that this will bolster their newly-found realization that they need to bring their tremendous talent to mobile gaming.
- •Hearing luddites turn up the dial on their "this is what's wrong with the world" nonsense.
- •Imagining the Pokémon-obsessed kids in my life having so much fun.
- •Hearing confused moms cheer their children on.
- •Go Pokémon, go...