THINGS I WANT MY KIDS TO KNOW
- •There's a difference between "it's not my fault" and "I can't help it."The former is common. The latter is rare.
- •Postel's Law is just as relevant to human interaction as it is to computer communications."Be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others." http://bit.ly/1QDQXfI
- •"It made me mad" is never true and sometimes blame-shifting.You cannot control what happens but you determine how you respond.
- •Loving is more about understanding than attractionWhat is love, really, but two people who understand one another.
- •Sympathy is a judgmental state of mind, empathy is not.Don't confuse them.