WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? A DEPRESSING LIST FOR ANY AGE.
If you are:
- •Over 20By your age Mary Shelly had published the indisputable classic Frankenstein and Jane Austen was writing Pride and Prejudice. What have you done?
- •Over 22By your age Carson McCullers had published The Heart is a Lonely Hunter which is staggeringly powerful and beautiful, was a great sensation upon publication, and is still considered one of the greatest American novels of the 20th century. What have you done?
- •Over 25By your age Steve Jobs had taken his small business to the largest initial public offering in wall street history and helped revolutionize his first of four industries. What have you done?
- •Over 27By your age Albert Einstein had published all five of his groundbreaking papers revolutionizing our understanding of the physical universe and forming the foundation for physics study for the next 100 years. What have you done?
- •Over 30By your age Alexander Graham Bell had invented the telephone, a device which would permanently reshape the world and human culture. What have you done?
- •Over 35By your age Thomas Jefferson had written The Declaration of Independence, sparking a world changing democratic revolution. What have you done?
- •Over 40By your age, Shakespeare had written A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Taming of the Shrew, Romeo and Juliet, A Comedy of Errors, Loves Labour's Lost, Much Ado About Nothing, The Merchant of Venice, the first and second Henriads, Julius Caesar, Twelfth Night, Hamlet, Othello, and more. What have you done?
- •Over 50By your age Julia Child had published her seminal book, The Art of French Cooking. What have you done?
- •Over 60By your age, Beethoven, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Vincent van Gogh, Mozart, James Joyce, John Lennon, and F Scott Fitzgerald were all dead. What have you done?