THINGS I EXPERIENCED UPON ARRIVING IN ITALY
Mostly food-related. 🍝🍕
- •Pasta + LOTS of other carbs, which I have no problem consuming daily.
- •The special, at times slightly dangerous agreement drivers and pedestrians have - you can totally jaywalk all the time as long as oncoming traffic can see you.
- •Skiing for the first time - which just happened to happen in the Alps.
- •European hot chocolate - the thickest, yummiest hot drink!
- •GELATO that they bring to your door! The superior frozen dessert.
- •Joy (usually as a direct result of food).
- •Multiple food babies.
- •The most crowded subway cars I've ever been in.
- •The worst feelings of homesickness, in the best place possible to experience it. All you have to do is go outside + you feel better.
- •Complete wonder at some amazing old buildings.
- •As a Canadian, seeing everyone wear the brand "Canadian" and knowing none of that stuff is from Canada.