Already on li.st? Open in app.
These are books that are typically read in high school, but for whatever reason I have yet to read them. It needs to happen and soon.
- 1.Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThere is a high level of shame I have for this book being an unread one of mine. I don't have a good reason for this one being unread.
- 2.The Outsiders by S. E. HintonMy mom has read this book. It's one of her favorites and she loves the movie too. She won't let me watch the movie until I have read the book. I've owned it for almost 2 years now. Still haven't read. This has to change.
- 3.Fahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyI don't know that this one needs an explanation. With all of the book bans and challenges lately a book as important as this one deserves to be brought up again and again.
Quotes from books that I have loved or felt a strange attachment to:
- •"And I asked myself about the present, how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep." - Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five
- •"We need not ever be hopeless for we are not irreparably broken." - John Green, Looking for Alaska
- •"A lady's imagination is very rapid." - Jane Austen
Things I never thought I'd say in general, but end up saying to my 2 (almost 3 year old son.) Out of context it's going to be strange, but that's what makes it awesome.
- •Iron Man doesn't whine.
- •Please stop licking the table.
- •For the love of God if you don't lay down, I will take away your birthday.