THINGS THAT TASTE LIKE MY CHILDHOOD
Inspired by @kate81
- •Iced sweet teaGrandpa made it the old fashioned way and used this ancient pot to boil the water. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing we used it for.
- •CucumbersAlways fresh from someone's farm.
- •Toaster Strudel and toasted, buttered Pop TartsLots of quick breakfasts. Mom and I are not morning people. And yes, butter... even on the frosted ones.
- •Kraft Macaroni & CheeseDuh.
- •Creamed beef on toastHaven't had it since. Wouldn't be opposed to eating it again.
- •Tuna noodle casseroleI make it from scratch these days, but mom got me hooked (even if she didn't put peas in hers).
- •Squash casseroleCasseroles for days...
- •Sunday pot roast with creamed potatoesThe oven was always on the whole time we were at church. Was that even safe?!
- •And desserts... mainly of the Christmas varietyI definitely spent most of my time in the kitchen baking, not cooking. Chocolate chip cookies, homemade brownies (from a Mennonite cookbook), grandma's pecan fudge, and Christmas cookies (snowmen and Santa faces, in particular). Want.