A DASH OF GUILT, A PINCH OF INADEQUACY
letting it out?
- •My grades aren't as good as I wanted them and expected them to be
- •I don't have a job so my parents have to give me spending money(I'm a first semester college student so it makes complete sense not to work right now- my parents don't want me to- but still)
- •I often squander such spending money on ubers and eating out when I really shouldn't be doing that all the time.
- •Basically my college is very expensive.Like if you were to read a click-bait article about most expensive schools, mine would definitely be in the top 10.
- •And my family is middle class, unlike most of my classmates. My parents do just fine- but it's not like we have tons and tons of extra 💰
- •My twin brother is also in school and traveling to and from school means a cross- country flight. I respect that my parents are paying a lot.Hence the guilt
- •And it's constantly on my mind that if it costs that much to be here, I should be taking advantage of that and getting my money's worth of my education.
- •And I feel that I'm not doing that, because my GPA isn't what I was expecting. And I haven't been the greatest at managing the money that I'm given.
- •I've put a lot of pressure on myself
- •I don't think that's a mistake per se- I don't want to mess up. The pressure keeps me on track.
- •I know life could be much, much worse and many people have greater problems than this.
- •But right now it's frustrating.