THINGS I ROUTINELY CHOOSE TO DO INSTEAD OF LEARNING STATS
my aversion to the class is slowly ruining my life, but it's casual. College™
- •Tell myself my TA is chill and I can make up the quiznot untrue but I'm also enabling myself!! Stop, Haley!!
- •Search for the perfect Christmas playlists on Spotify and YouTube.Ah, Christmas, when first semester will be over. Can you tell I'm excited?
- •Sleep inI tell myself I'll wake up at a decent time on weekends to study but I instead wake up at 1:00 and I'm not dressed and fed til 3:00. Yikes.
- •Stalk random people on Facebook for literally no reason at all.I don't actually enjoy this. But I REALLY don't enjoy stats.
- •Take napsI sleep for several hours each day😁
- •Drinkno legitimate explanation except that I can easily and so I do (whoops)
- •Procrastinate with my Chem lab assignments.My feel-good distraction of choice.
- •Ask roommates/friends if they want to get food with me.I pretend that I'm not being social and that I'm merely taking a study break to sustain myself but does dinner really need 3 hours?
- •Catch up on the newsAnother distraction that I find somewhat less guilt-laden.
- •Feel guilty because I'm one of the people privileged enough to receive secondary education and I'm clearly not putting enough energy into it or appreciating it enough.
- •It all goes full circle. Wish me luck, folks!!!!