Things to tell my Dad
(If he was here).
- •I miss you.
- •I smell gasoline and remember you.
- •My mom tells me I look like you when I'm angry.
- •One of my poems is being published.
- •I think I see you in public.
- •I get sad when I think about you.
- •I would give anything to eat ice cream and watch a movie with you right now.
- •I miss your snore.
- •I'm sorry for stepping on your bare feet with my cleats.
- •I hope you still drag your fingers over my name you tattooed on your body when my little fingers curled around your thumb.
- •I'm 3 months clean.
- •I've heard that my siblings look like me. Do they remind you of your first love?