MY FAVORITE ALBUMS/MIXTAPES OF 2015
It's list season and although no one asked for it I'm going to make a few. This is more of a reflective exercise than anything. Movies and TV will both come by the end of the year once I catch up on what I missed. Please suggest things I missed, I'm sure there are a few.
- •Honorable MentionsKendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly, Kurt vile - b'lieve im goin down, Drake and Future - What a Time to Be Alive, Twenty One Pilots - Blurry Face, Disclosure - Caracal, Modest Mouse - Strangers to Ourselves, Bryson Tiller - TrapSoul, Fetty Wap - Fetty Wap
- •10. Brandon Flowers - The Desired EffectI actually enjoyed this a little more than I enjoy the Killers. Can't tell you why.
- •9. A$AP Rocky - At.Long.Last.A$apLiveLoveA$ap was such a perfect mixtape right out of the gate that it created a comparison problem that happens with most rappers. Even when they create really good albums, they don't compare to the first time we heard them.
- •8. Tame Impala - CurrentsThese guys are fun. Not a lot of bands create albums without filler anymore, and they're one of the few who I didn't get sick of by the end of the year. Really good album.
- •7. Grimes - Art AngelsYou don't expect Grimes to sound like what she does when you hear her. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed this one.
- •6. Future - Dirty Sprite 2What is there to say? Idk what he's saying either. It's fun.
- •5. Travi$ ScottDidn't get a Kanye album this year (yet, fingers crossed.) This is the next best thing. Days Before Rodeo had better highlights, but this was still really good.
- •4. Justin Bieber - PurposeIf this guy hasn't won you over yet you don't have ears.
- •3. Drake - If you're reading this, it's too lateThe fact that no one expected this made it better than it actually is, but the guy can do no wrong. Jungle was one of the best songs of '15. Plus that run of the first 5...
- •2. Ramriddlz - P2PWhen Drake hops on a remix or an artist, it's usually a good idea to pay attention to them (The weeknd, partynextdoor, migos, etc) I listened to this tape on repeat for like 3 months.
- •1. Father John Misty - I Love You, HoneybearIt's so good.