TOP 10 NECESSITIES FOR THE MOST EXCELLENT 3AM HOMECOMING RENDEZVOUS
It asks for an introduction so I figured I'd start with an introduction of myself. Hello, my name is Hamp Dodd and the Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition for necessity is (noun) the fact of being required or indispensable. So without further adieu...
- •A BedA platform - cushioned, comfortable, blanketed, cozy. Layered as a Tex Mex dish with you somewhere in between. Just leave me some room in whatever layer you choose.
- •CandlesNot an essential but just an addition to the cozy factor. Maybe vanilla scented. Maybe ocean beach shore skyline on a fall winter scented. The idea of laying with you in candlelight is too much for me to even take in as I stand in this punk house kitchen drinking malt liquor and listening to awful bands in the living room.
- •Sun Kil Moon or some kind of lullabyAny Mark Kozelek works. Any calming sound to have in my first real comfortable moment in a few weeks. Basically I want to take the songs I love and insert your face in front of me while I listen to them and find all kinds of new things in 'em.
- •Alcohol'Cause I'm Hamp.
- •StoriesI want to hear the things I missed out on. I want to hear about the things that were there before me and the things you want ahead of you. I just want to listen to you say things.
- •Hot tea.Hot tea would be fucking great.
- •GiftsI want to give you the little knick knacks I've picked up along the way and kiss your smile after each one.
- •A triumphant selfieThe returning to a queen isn't something to be taken lightly.
- •Every momentI want every moment we've got before sleep punishes us and I know there's a million other days for that but being smitten for two weeks straight and not being able to show you an ounce of it in person has been torturous. I have a lot to catch up on.
- •And you.Cliche, sure. But you're something I don't really understand in the slightest but am immensely excited about. I want to ask you every question in the world. I want to find every thing that makes you happy and do each one. We're still strangers and I recognize that but something about has caught me up in you and I don't want it to stop. Me getting back that night is the start of, what I feel, is something special. And I couldn't be more happy about it.