THINGS I'VE LEARNED ALONG THE WAY
I started my business from scratch and built something that no one can take away from me and in the process learned a few valuable things.
- •Never let anyone tell you 'no'There's always a way.
- •Sometimes you just need to reevaluate and completely disregard any of the nonsense and distractions that are cluttering the path to your ultimate dream/goal.
- •Time is money.Showering is overrated. I can go 3 days without washing my hair. NBD.
- •Find a means to network.People always say 'networking is key' - I never knew how to go about it when I started out in the fashion industry. Be creative in the ways you network. I started a style site just to interview influential people and wedged myself in there.
- •Feel the fear and do it any way.Saving the best for last - this one's my favorite. Unfamiliar things and not knowing how to do something or where to start can be a little intimidating and it can feel uneasy. When you really want something, you just got to go after it full force and ignore that haunting feeling of fear.