Men I'm leaving behind in 2016
In chronological order
- 1.Cameo appearanceAh yes, the relationship that kicked off 2016 ended a few months later after 7 days of us not in contact, then running into each other on the same bar crawl with our separate respective friends. Happy Saint Patrick's Day?
- 2.Backpack guyThe one I met in the suburbs who took a train in to take me on a full day date. Date was great... until he left his backpack behind, I mailed it to him, we lost touch, it got lost in the mail, he followed up about it A LOT, I sent a replacement backpack, replacement arrived, ORIGINAL arrived weeks later, and then his FB relationship status revealed months later that he is scummy and I wasted lots of money on postage. No faith in him but my faith in USPS was restored.
- 3.[blank] from classBusiness school- the land of group projects. Graduation in spring 2016 = goodbye to all the men I have in my phone as "Dan from Marketing"
- 4.I'm good with just the calamari?Goodbye to the admittedly nice guy who asked me to an Italian dinner... then proceeded to order some appetizers that were just so filling he wasn't up for an entree, "but you can get something if you're hungry!"
- 5.Calling John HughesThe guy I knew I was into the minute I saw him because he smoked, drank, stayed out late and slept all day and was exactly the bad boy every goodie two shoes wants to interact with. He magically wanted to interact with me too. Credit is due to the bad boy for existing in my life last summer. And for being funny, interesting, caring... more than just a bad boy. He's still the reason I now feel like a girl who could be wanted.
- 6.You've got mailIndeed, I sent an email to a guy to ask him out. A guy whose email I procured in case of Theraband questions, not dates. AKA my physical therapist. Calm down lawyers, the shoulder injury recovered (the relationship didn't). Nice guy, bad timing. Thanks for being kind even after it ended.
- 7.ShatteredThis one goes out to the guy I fell in love with who ripped my heart out twice. Once when he ended the relationship. A second time months later when he stomped on the memories I finally felt good healing with. Hearing vicious words from someone you trusted is more painful than hearing the words themselves.
- 8.Not a happy ending?Shattered isn't a fun one to end a list on so here's a footnote. It's been fun looking back with lots of laughs and still no regrets. It can only go up from here!