One line from each book I've read this year.
- •The Sympathizer - Viet Thanh Nguyen"Remember, you're not half of anything, you're twice of everything."
- •The Handmaidens Tale - Margaret Atwood"Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some."
- •The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell"Look at the world around you. It may seem like an immovable, implacable place. It is not. With the slightest push—in just the right place—it can be tipped."
- •The Glass Castle - Jeanette Walls"One thing about whoring: It put a chicken on the table."
- •Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck"His ear heard more than what was said to him, and his slow speech had overtones not of thought, but of understanding beyond thought."
- •The Kite Runner - Khaled Housseini"Not a word passes between us, not because we have nothing to say, but because we don't have to say anything - that is how, it is between people who are each other's first memories"
- •In Cold Blood - Truman Capote"It is no shame to have a dirty face - the shame comes when you keep it dirty."