A POWERFUL MOMENT
A small essay starring @steph_lessthan3
- •I am not my own biggest fan right now.
- •I am sick and tired of listening to my voice in my head.
- •I keep saying things that are nasty and selfish and cruel and bitter.
- •And I don't know how to make myself shut up.I've never been tired of my own company in my life before. So naturally, I don't know exactly how to make this voice in my head into better company for myself.
- •Squadcation: Our glorious (nearly) week-long reunion in central PA
- •And so I texted them back that I was relieved to see them so soon because I am basically sick of myself.
- •And then Stephanie, bless her beautiful heart, says:
- •"Working is miserable because I just hear myself for hours. I never thought I would get tired of that. But I do. I really do."
- •""Sometimes to stay alive, you gotta kill your mind." ^^^ those lyrics make so much sense now."
- •THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL.
- •THIS MAKES ME WANT TO CRY, TO KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE FEELING IT.
- •How cool is it that God, even if He and I aren't exactly on good terms right now, put this beautiful woman in my life (and me in hers) to empathize with each other and cry for each other and remind each other that we're actually not stuck alone with these evil awful voices in our heads???
- •How cool is it that I get to hug her real tight in ONE week??? That's right—ONLY ONE WEEK.
- •I hope everyone has friends like these—friends who know and love your soul even when you don't very much.
- •SEE Y'ALL IN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!