ALTERNATIVE NAMES FOR MY COURSES THIS SEMESTER
Inspired by @brynelle
- •Encountering the Bible--BIBL 204Should be called "Destroying Everything Your Church Preached About the Bible in the Hope of Making You a More Critical and Intelligent Christian but Actually Causing Crises in Thinking People"
- •Introduction to Poetry--ENGL 122Should be called "That Class on Cutesy Words With That Stuck Up Department Head Whom Everyone Hates"
- •(Spanish) Baroque and Counter-Reformation Literature--SPAN 314Should be called "In Which Spanish Majors Speak A Lot of English While Pretending To Speak and Read A Lot of Spanish"
- •Created and Called For Community--IDCR 151Should be called "Why You Need To Pay $40,000 A Year for a Christian Liberal Arts Education For Honors Students"
- •What Is An American? (W)--IDPL 300Should be called "You Need To Take An Honors Pluralism Course to Graduate, So Here, Listen to a White Man Dialogue on Race, Immigration, and Culture in the United States (You Will Write A Lot of Essays)"
- •Introductory Statistics--STAT 269Should be called "A Fulfillment Of the Math General Education Requirement For Those Students Who Have No Desire To Take Calculus"