MY LIFE IN TEN SONGS
OMG @nathanveshecco this is perfect
- •"Testify To Love" by AvalonThis pretty much sums up my childhood—listening to my parents upbeat Christian pop and living an upbeat happy-go-lucky life marked by prayer at dinner time.
- •"Dead Serious" by ZOEgirlMiddle school. The first time I felt like an outsider and the first time I took God seriously. This song captures all that Angst (🙄) perfectly.
- •"Screen Door" by Rich MullinsEarly high school. I was trying to be a hipster and so not succeeding, but at least I was having fun.
- •"Whispers In The Dark" by SkilletI was in 10th grade and I got into a huge argument with my best friend while we were on a band trip. The rest of the year was lonely and miserable and filled with self-justification and self-loathing—both feelings were equally ugly. Songs like this made me cling to faith, made me remember God loved me when I didn't think I deserved it.
- •"Fidelity" by Regina Spektor"I never loved nobody fully / Always one foot on the ground / but by protecting my heart truly / I got lost in the sound" THIS SONG WAS AND CONTINUES TO BE ME
- •"Hello Hurricane" by SwitchfootMy move in late high school was this song: a huge Hurricane that couldn't silence my love. The greatest display of resiliency I've seen from myself and the greatest display of faithfulness I've seen from God.
- •"Feet, Don't Fail Me Now" by NeedtobreatheThe end of senior year, I was riding high. I was the valedictorian, I was in love, I was going to college on a great scholarship. I was loud and bright and brilliant and confident, just like this song.
- •"Vivir Mi Vida" by Marc AntonySame story but in SPANISH
- •"Enough to Let Me Go" by SwitchfootHow I will forever say I want to love and be loved
- •"I Won't Let You Go" by SwitchfootHow I actually want to love and be loved (yes, this is so cheesy, but Lawwwwwd is it true)