REASONS I AM IN FACT HERMIONE GRANGER
aka I HAVE BECOME THE WOMAN I SET OUT TO BE IN MY CHILDHOOD. In honor of The Battle of Hogwarts ✨🏰
- •I'm definitely a know-it-allHermione has a big brain and she owns it. I'm so glad I had a role model who trained me to be unafraid to speak out with confidence (though I still sometimes cringe at both of our show-offy moments).
- •I have great friendsWhile Hermione has the Golden Trio and I have @squad, we both have a lifelong set of friends who have rocked our souls. (I don't think I'm planning on marrying any squadlings, but hey, who knows...)
- •I am passionate about social justice...sometimes to the point of confusing/annoying my friends. I also have to constantly double-check myself to make sure that my savior complex isn't getting in the way of making effective change.
- •I clean up surprisingly well😏
- •I am unafraid of confrontationNo, I haven't actually punched anyone in the face, but I will come find you if your music is too loud during quiet hours. I will call you out if you say something insensitive in class. I will invest time and energy in the fights that I deem worth my time. (Sometimes, this gets out of control. As in I invent arguments when I'm bored and get mad at the imaginary offenders who have actually done nothing wrong.)
- •I love books...my favorite date possibly ever was to an independent bookstore in my state's capital. I will buy pretty copies of classics I already own. I will end you if you return a book with pages bent. In other words, I'm a total book dork.
- •But really, though:
- •I am a witch.
- •I go to Hogwarts.
- •I taught Harry Potter most of what he knows.
- •I single-handedly made smart girls the most BA girls in children's lit.BECAUSE HERMIONE GRANGER IS SUCH A FRIGGIN HERO AND I LOVE IT