SONGS ON LORDE'S MELODRAMA, RANKED
In the words of my very old friend, "good morning to @lorde only"
- •Writer in the Darkbecause I can imagine so many scorned little girls sitting down with their broken hearts and empowering themselves to be creative and embracing the label "writer" or "artist" or "poet" because of this song 💙💙💙💙😭😭😭😭😭💛💛💛💛 // I am my mother's child, I'll love you till my breathing stops
- •Hard Feelings/LovelessI light all the candles, cut flowers for all my rooms / I care for myself the way I used to care about you
- •The LouvreBut we're the greatest, they'll hang us in the Louvre / Down the back, but who cares—still the Louvre / Okay I know that you are not my type / I'm just the sucker who let you fill her mind
- •Green LightHoney I'll be seeing you down every road
- •SupercutCan you imagine how perfect this song would be to introduce the memory unit of AP Psych!? 🤓😍 // We were wild and fluorescent, come home to my heart
- •Perfect PlacesI blow my brains out to the radio
- •LiabilityEvery perfect summer's eating me alive
- •Sober II (Melodrama)God I wonder why we bother / all the glamour and the trauma and the f*ckin Melodrama
- •Homemade DynamiteKnow I think you're awesome, right? / Our rules, our dreams, we're blind / blowing sh*t up with homemade dynamite
- •SoberI'm acting like I don't see every ribbon you used to tie yourself to me // the ribbon lyric resurfaces in "Supercut" and that is A+ craftsmanship
- •Liability (Reprise)Maybe all this is the party / Maybe we just do it violently
- •There are no songs on this beautiful album that I dislike. Just some I like more than others, ya feel??
- •Melodrama: A Gift.