THINGS I MISS ABOUT MY COLLEGE
THREE MONTHS TIL WE'RE BACK—Inspired by @AliciaNF26
- •The libraryA quiet refuge featuring magnetic poetry, a cafe, and huge life-giving windows behind the stacks
- •Profesora RobalinoWhat a fantastic woman and an awesome professor. Can I work for her instead of at Wegmans the rest of the summer?
- •Dutch BlitzAnd by extension, the greatest Blitz partners in the world—my only Blitz partners—@squad
- •Late nightsIt's much harder to enjoy the small hours of the night without raucous laughter, random wanderings, or sleepy philosophical musings
- •ChapelPossibly the only thing that kept me in any sort of spiritual shape
- •Not being judged for what I wearMy mother hates it if a) I don't wear a cami b) have my bra straps showing c) wear leggings d)....
- •A bug-free environmentPennsylvania has significantly fewer mosquitoes than Massachusetts
- •My mattress padIt turned a pathetic box spring into a cushy marshmallow heaven
- •Being filter-freeI *always* have to watch what I'm saying around people at home. I can't let my parents think I'm too liberal or my friends think I'm too conservative or my coworkers think I'm too naive or my siblings think I'm too earthy—there's none of the freewheeling, spontaneous, no-holds-barred dialogue that my friends and I always have
- •Stir fryWhat do you mean, Mom, I can't just throw noodles and veggies and seafood in a bowl and call it dinner?!