WHY ALICIA WILL WRITE THE GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL
When I was rudely awoken by early morning construction, I started to think about why @AliciaNF26 is so cool and capable and all around earth-shattering. Here is why:
- •She understands emotionsAlicia has felt a lot for a nineteen year old. She has experience in betrayal, joy, loneliness, anticipation, desperation, overwhelming love, and everything in between. I come to her when I am facing any and all of these feelings.
- •She loves wordsThis girl is the only person took me seriously when I recommended Jane Eyre. She nerds out over books and enjoys classics. And we all know that readers make great writers.
- •She is dedicatedThere are no halves with Alicia Fleming. Whether quoting National Treasure or studying for Chem, she leaves nothing half-finished. She combines both passion and perseverance.
- •Her life will be SO conducive to writingA tiny house and a pet skunk? A Polish husband and a few years to travel? A passion for ASL and a life without cooking? Alicia's dreams feel like they walked out of a story--so unrealistic yet so perfectly reasonable. Her dreams, fulfilled or yet to be carried out, will inspire her writing in beautiful ways.
- •She is sassyPlease see every essay she wrote for our First Year Seminar. Dave got so much sass 💯
- •Essentially, Alicia is capable of wondrous things, and one day, I will brag about knowing such a talented and paradigm-shifting author 💖