Why I Made My First Counseling Appointment
Inspired by @steph_lessthan3
- •Let's flashback to first semester freshman year.I'd really rather we didn't, actually, but let's do it anyways
- •I'm miserable at my tiny suburban Christian college.
- •My (mostly) boyfriend is at a prestigious college in The Big City.
- •He's made it into an a capella group.Ok I mean I fell for you because you were a cellist but I'm happy for you. Do your beat boxing thing. Whooo!
- •About a month into the semester, he decides to go to a party with this a capella group.But swears he won't drink, which is what he's been saying all summer. Ok boi I hope I can trust you pls be consistent pls
- •He calls me the next day and starts raving about "how loving drunk people are."BOI THIS IS THE FIRST STEP DOWN A ROAD YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GO DOWN
- •I freak out.On him and on life in general.
- •I feel like I can't trust anything anymore.Not him, not Jesus, not myself.
- •I call my mom that night for the first time since I got to school.Remember, it's been like a month.
- •I bawl my eyes out on the phone and over the crackling reception, my mom says,
- •"It's been a while and you're still not ok.
- •Isn't the counseling service free?"