MY TEN FAVORITE TEARS FOR FEARS SONGS
This has been in my drafts FOREVER I am so sorry @nathanveshecco we were supposed to publish it at the same time oops
- •Sketches of PainThis song is so underrated. I believe it's their most timeless song, and it gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.
- •Last Days on EarthThis song is driving down the freeway on a summer night. I specifically love the opening sound effect, which is called "dropping ball."
- •Everybody Wants to Rule the WorldTHE classic Tears for Fears song. It is so in tune with the band's sound, vision, and message.
- •Advice for the Young at HeartThis song brings me back to my childhood
- •Head over HeelsThis song is SO GOOD. It's a head banger.
- •Woman in ChainsForever grateful to this song for introducing the heavenly Olita Adams to the world
- •Sowing the Seeds of LoveA definitive classic. I have always said that Tears for Fears is the master of the bridge: they can pull melodies and rhythms out of songs that no one else would be able to find.
- •Pullin' a CloudAcoustic and lovely
- •Badman's SongIf anything, this song is on this list simply for the story behind it. Roland and Kurt were roomed in a hotel and overheard two band members talking shit about them next door. They wrote this song that night and performed it for them the next day before firing them. "Here's to the boys back in 628" refers to their hotel room! Cold and badass.
- •I Believe (A soulful re-recording)A different sound for the band that still fits perfectly in their identity and sound