REASONS WHY MY GRANDMA IS THE WORLD'S GREATEST PERSON
My Grandma is a boss and also my role model. I want to be her when I grow up
- •When she was in high school she performed with Elvis on the Ed Sullivan Show
- •In the 80s she used to buy monochromatic sweatsuits and then splatter paint them on her own
- •She's going to India for two weeks by herself this August just because
- •She knows the words to "Colors" by Ice T
- •She comes to our house and brings us yesterday's paper annotated with her thoughts and opinions on sticky notes
- •Her father was Las Vegas' first ever park ranger, and laid down all of the original trails in Mount CharlestonShe has seen Las Vegas grow from a train town of 6,000 people to a metropolis of 2.3 million
- •She can have a conversation with anybodyWhether it's a waiter or someone we're next to at the grocery store, my grandma can make people comfortable enough to share their life story within 5 minutes. Her best advice: "Always ask people questions. You can always learn from them and also people love talking about themselves." This advice has served me so well when meeting new people.
- •She's everybody's grandmaLiterally everyone I know calls her Grandma Cheryl
- •She has played bridge with the same group of girlfriends every Wednesday for the past 25 yearsMy grandma has a girl gang!!
- •She lost her first husband and current husband within the span of a year and showed more courage and grace and strength than I thought possible in a person
- •I love you Grandma Cheryl! Thanks for being you!