Things The Goldfinch Gets Wrong About Las Vegas
I'm a fourth generation Las Vegan, and there are some things in this book that make me think Donna Tartt has never even been here
- •There are no "dunes" in Las VegasWe're not the Sahara Desert
- •There aren't real estate developments so isolated you can't order pizzaPizza is....everywhere
- •There aren't palm trees in the airport
- •She never once mentions the mountainsLas Vegas is stunning, and remarkable for its amazing Red Rock Canyon and for the fact that we are almost entirely encircled by gorgeous, purple mountains
- •There are no mosquitos in Las Vegas!One of the only great things about a Vegas summer!