BEST THINGS TO DO ALONE
A very partial list. All suggestions are welcome.
- •Go to the moviesSometimes you just need to be able to digest something without running it by everyone in earshot.
- •WriteThis is a tricky one, because groups can also be excellent, but the peace of writing alone is unrivaled.
- •Go to a fancy sit down restaurantThis one is sometimes uncomfortable but is such a good challenge and you just get to sit in the glory of all the culinary perfection you could ever want.
- •Watch the saddest movies and tv shows you can findThe catharsis of streams of tears in a room that is quiet except the sound of your crying and the dialogue of your favorite characters? NECESSITY OF LIFE.
- •Walk/runWalking through a neighborhood or on a beach or up a mountain. Or running. If that's what you're into I guess.
- •Go to concertsSee above reasons for movies. But seriously, you'll meet great people and be carried away by everything. I went to my first Taylor Swift concert alone. Its perfection has never been eclipsed.
- •MasturbateSelf explanatory I think (hope?)
- •DriveA good solo roadtrip does the soul a world of good.
- •Cook something newMakes it easier to experiment if you don't have a party of 8 arriving in 55 minutes. And if you make something delicious it's like a little birthday gift to yourself. 🎁Suggested by @evanp