MOST NOTABLE LAGNIAPPE FOUND IN PACKING UP SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE
Yes. This is real. A homeowner peaced out and seemed to leave everything in medias res. I have been coordinating picking up all the (sometimes literal) pieces. Here are the highlights.
- •Cat paraphernaliaWe kept asking if they had children. They did not, just cats.
- •Drug paraphernaliaNothing too crazy, but definitely a lot of whippets just in case!
- •Paintball paraphernaliaNever had I seen so much commitment to an absurd hobby.
- •Strewn paperwork with social security numbers
- •Court cases that involved one of the owners as the prosecutor...
- •An outside chair used solely as an ashtray
- •Many large, all pieces glued together puzzles
- •TAPESLiteral tapes. Not cds or dvds or whatever else. Just tapes.
- •A few knives and daggers
- •One valid passportThings I would always take with me, even in a getaway!
- •Bags and bags of dirty laundryLiteral. But also figurative.
- •A gun. [found on the garage floor]And scene.