A SAMPLING OF THINGS MY MAMAW HAS SAID THIS WEEK
My Mamaw (grandmother), a coal miner's wife, is West Virginia thru and thru. I love how she talks.
- •She was as mad as a wet hen!
- •He was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
- •Jesus, Joseph and Mary and the camel the rode in on!She has so many good exclamations.
- •He's a good man but he has a wondering eye... (Said mysteriously)My mothers response to this was also incredible. "Of course he does Mother, he drives a truck for a living! He has to look around!"
- •And she turned him down like a bed sheet!
- •She's working as slow as molasses in the winter!
- •Hell's bells!!!Just to clarify: she's not talking about ac/dc. Just another good Mamaw exclamation!