HOW I LOST MY VIRGINITY
Inspired by @patrickrogers
- •I met this guy who worked at a record store in Richmond, Virginia.Let's call him "M". He was maybe 5 or 6 years older than me. Soft-spoken and nice to me.
- •One night he drove me really far into the country until we came to a little house in the middle of a field.Don't worry this isn't a scary story.
- •We knocked on the door and this super old super small black man opens the door and hugs us and invites us in.At this point I still have noooo idea why we are here.
- •Then we go in the house.
- •And holy shit.
- •Every room was FULL of records. Floor to ceiling. We had to squeeze by and around them and over them. It was amazing.
- •He led us over to a little space he had cleared of records where there was a little sofa and a record player.
- •The three of us took turns pulling random records out of the piles and playing them and listening to the most soulful music I had ever heard.
- •After a few hours we said goodbye to the old man and drove back to M's apartment in Richmond.
- •His dad was Native American and still lived on a reservation and I remember M had a bunch of tribal feather things and beads all over his living room.
- •We started making out I think and then we went into his bedroom.
- •He left me in his bed to get a condom.I remember just thinking, yeah alright this feels like a good moment.
- •He came back, we had sex. It wasn't incredible but it wasn't bad either.
- •I never told him it was my first time.
- •I was living in the country then so Richmond was a "big city" to me.
- •And I always remember his window was open a little bit and during the act I could hear the noisy night buses passing by.Thinking, "it's so loud in the city."