PROS/CONS OF ADMITTING A FIVE-YEAR CRUSH
I don't know why this happened. He messaged me out of the blue and I just figured why not. I'm in Israel and I think it's making me feel very "seize the day."
- •Pro - Now it's out there.I really do believe open and honest is the way to go.
- •Con - Now it's out there.But... maybe this was a really dumb thing to do and now we won't be friends in the same way. Maybe he thinks I'm a weirdo now???
- •Pro - I chose to be vulnerable.I feel kind of proud of myself. I put myself out there and that's good I think.
- •Con - He told me he has a girlfriend now.And she's a gorgeous, tall, thin model (who I've now shamelessly instastalked and she seems rad too). 😔 So yeah, obviously, this isn't going anywhere. But I'm not living in LA right now anyway so it never was and I knew that. Maybe that wasn't the point.
- •Pro - No more "what if he knew"So he knows. And I think he was honestly flattered and handled rejecting me in a gentle way that didn't make me feel super dumb. It feels like a little closure from a dream I had kicking around in my head for awhile.
- •Pro - Space for a new crush, I guess."Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter, try again, fail again, fail better."