THINGS ABOUT ME I WOULD NOT WANT MY KIDS TO KNOW
They can know about all the past drugs and sex and rock n roll because I want the kind of household that talks openly. Here's what I'd prefer they didn't though:
- •The amount of time I've spent thinking about my weight/skin/body negatively.I don't want them to get as stressed about or spend as much time hating themselves because of appearance as I have. I would like to be a body positive example.
- •What I look like shitfaced drunk.By the time I have kids I'm hoping I only get a little tipsy on occasion. I don't want them to see me out of control and sloppy.
- •What I look like on drugs.Yeah trust me seeing your parents on drugs is never cool. They can know about past experiences once they are a certain age but I never want them to have first hand image of their mom fucked up.
- •Kinky sex stuff I do with their father.I just don't think they need to know.
- •This may be it. I want them to know they can talk to me about anything. If it's something stupid or reckless I've done, that's alright. I'd hope they can learn from my choices and experiences and maybe even make smarter choices.