How to have a good marriage
Based on my own experience and things I've seen, read or heard.
- •Be yourself and let your partner be himself/herselfDon't lose yourself to satisfy someone else. Love your partner for who he/she is, genuinely.
- •Respect each otherEven during arguments.
- •Tell your partner how you feel and what you thinkNobody can read your mind!!!
- •Never use your partner's most intimate and sensitive experiences as a weapon against your partner in an argumentOtherwise your partner loses trust in you and doesn't want to open up.
- •Never take up your partner's parents in an argumentNobody chooses their parents and childhood environment.
- •Argue about things, not about your personalitiesIt's okay to disagree about things but it's not okay to say your partner is not what you wanted.
- •Don't try to change your partnerHe/she will change in time but you can't control the way he/she changes. You will change too and your partner can't control it.
- •Be interested about your partners thoughts and feelingsShow it!!!
- •Remember that you are separate individualsLet your partner do his/her things and don't give up your own interests, friends and hobbies.
- •Dream about your future togetherIn some things you have to agree.
- •Apologize and forgiveYou're both equally imperfect.
- •NEVER TAKE YOUR PARTNER FOR GRANTEDPeriod.