What I like/love about my job
As a social worker in child foster care
- •Most of my colleagues at the officeThey're nice, interesting, fun, skilled and supportive
- •A workroom of my ownI couldn't work in an open-plan office
- •Flexible working timesI couldn't make it to work at 8 o'clock every morning
- •Meeting clients and creating a confidential relationship with themEspecially the children
- •Seeing myself important and meaningful in both my clients' lives and my work communityI think most of my clients and colleagues see me this way too, at least I hope they do
- •Having the authoritity and possibility to have a positive impact on my clients' lives and my employee organisationOn the other hand the responsibility regarding my clients' lives is also scary, stressful and burdening
- •Getting to know new people and hear their storiesI'm a curious person. You couldn't even imagine many of my clients' stories.
- •I learn and become more skilled everydayAt least I believe so. Everyday is different in this job.