THE MOST USEFUL/WONDERFUL/LIFE-CHANGING THINGS I'VE BOUGHT FOR MYSELF IN THE PAST FEW YEARS
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Popcorn popperThis is the best way to make popcorn. It's delicious, doesn't have all the bad stuff that comes in the microwaveable bags, and there's something nostalgic about turning the old fashioned wooden crank.
- •Magic DecanterThis is from Traveling Vineyards, a direct sales wine company (my sister in law is a consultant). It aerates red wine to make it smoother. My $5 or less bottles taste high end with this, plus it makes a fun gurgling noise. ❤️🍷
- •Wet N Wild Lip Balm StainThis stays on so much longer than other lipsticks, and is so much more moisturizing than most stains. And it's only $1-3. I have it in three colors and will be getting more! My favorite so far is "A Stiff Pink," the one on the far left.
- •HagridLife changing.
- •Branch cuttersI'm a self-taught florist. I used scissors and other shears for way too long, thinking I didn't need anything heavy-duty. How wrong I was. Buying branch cutters changed my life. I have this yellow pair from Oasis.
- •Dressy joggersI don't know if these are actually called joggers or harem pants, but they have made dressing for work so easy and comfy. I wear them with tshirts and sweatshirts and blouses and everything. They're my favorite pants ever.
- •Signing up for GoodreadsNot a purchase (it's free!) but I use this app/website all the time to keep track of what I've read, what I'm currently reading, the books I own, and now my book club. (If you want to join my book club, hit me up! Ladies only, sorry.)
- •Dry shampooI wash my hair 1-2x a week, and that's it. I use this dry shampoo almost every day; it's the cheapest one there is (in my area) and it does the trick.
- •The 7 Experiment book and workbook, by Jen HatmakerThis book was a catalyst for a lot of good change in my life. It's a challenge to live with less and focus on good things/others.
- •Fresh flowersI treat myself to these whenever I need to. Since I started doing the florist thing, Brett has been too intimidated to buy me grocery store flowers, so I usually pick out my own, take them home, deconstruct them, and rearrange and reuse them how I want. Having fresh flowers around is... Refreshing. It's calming to me to have something beautiful to look at.