DONUTS PLACES I OFTEN THINK ABOUT
It took the world far too long to appreciate a good one 🍩
- •Holy Donuts in Portland, METhey're made with POTATOES guys. FUCK
- •Blackbird donuts in Boston's South EndFun fact, also the only place in the city where I know I can rely on year-round soft serve
- •Brighton Cafe in Brighton, MAOkay these are the same exact donuts as Twin Donuts in Allston (same bakery) but they DONT run out before 6am so you can actually eat one with your hangover. Wicked cheap so you can pair it with a styrofoam monstrosity of iced coffee.
- •Krispy Kreme in Penn Station, NYCI often travel between Boston & NYC. This is literally the only Krispy Kreme I have access to without a car. It's also directly across from the Wells Fargo ATM, the bank I am still a member of even though there absolutely is no branch where I live. It's like a little oasis of hope with no convenience charge.
- •Union Square Donuts in Somerville, MAThis right here is a prime example of an establishment that sold out every day because they were the only gourmet donut option in town. Once others popped in, they sort of drifted into obscurity when people realized there were better options. Still, however, the best butternut a girl could ask for.
- •Federal Donuts in Philadelphia, PAI brought these home to VA for Thanksgiving after a business trip the day before. They make the fried donuts to order, which is heaven on its own. There's an option to pair them with fried chicken, so there's a hope for real artists out there.
- •Gourmet Donuts- locations around the North Shore, MAMy boyfriend brought me here as his go-to cheap spot. They melt the sugar for your coffee with a little hot chocolate and I couldn't think of a better pairing.
- •Kane's in Boston's Financial DistrictOh man. I have no clue why I show up at 9am and they still haven't really had any customers. So many flavors, wildly unhealthy (favorite is the red velvet with vanilla glaze). At lunch time, they offer a lobster roll with a donut as the bun. Not that I've tried it, but a girl can dream...