AWESOME DOCUMENTARIES WATCHED ON JULY 4TH HOLIDAY WEEK
a marathon of tears and gasps. This is in order in which I watched them, not a ranking, with some specific comments in hopes that peeps actually watch these docs one day.
- •StevieEntirely so good omg. If you are a filmmaker, you will learn so much from this film.
- •Public SpeakingOn Fran Lebowitz. Directed by Martin Scorsese. There is a shot at the Grand Central that just shows what kind of director MS is.
- •Larry Kramer in Love and Anger
- •About Face: Supermodels Then and NowI lovessss fashion documentaryy
- •Project Nim
- •THINOn anorexia. Got too real it numbed my mind
- •Captivated: the trials of pamela smartI think she is innocent!!! Cool thing about documentaries is that you can check on "where are they now" and more often than not, you gets more blown away by the recent updates. Pamela's teenage lover just got out of prison this year!
- •Casting ByWomyn in film biz rock!!
- •Waiting for SupermanI bawled
- •Be Good, Smile PrettyI bawled from beginning to end. Proud to say the director is NU alum!
- •Aileen: the selling of a serial killer❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️must watch
- •Aileen: life and death of a serial killer❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️yas, this shit is so much bigger than Charlize Theron winning the oscar
- •First PositionI am a ballet geek even if I have never been to a ballet class in my life and this was my prime geeking out moment.
- •The Queen of VersaillesDirected by Lauren Greenfield who made THIN. Again, so real. If you want to watch something like the Kardashians, Real Housewives, etc but learn something, this is it.
- •Meet the FokkensAbout twin ladies in their 60s in Amsterdam who made their choice.
- •The Beaches of Agnes VardaI love older ladies speaking in European languages. So charming, same as in Meet the Fokkens